Lucky Star Burger
- 1 x 400 g can Lucky Star Pilchards in Tomato Sauce
- 1 x 410 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 slices wholewheat bread, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) chutney
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried mixed herbs
- Seasoned flour, for dusting
- Drain the pilchards and reserve the sauce. Mash the chickpeas and pilchards together.
- Add the finely chopped bread, egg, chutney and herbs.
- Divide the mixture into 4 – 6 balls and shape into patties. Dust with flour and place in the fridge to firm up while the Chakalaka is being made.
- Heat a little oil in a shallow frying pan. Reduce the heat and add the burger patties to the pan. Turn them after 3 – 4 minutes and allow to cook evenly before removing from the pan.
- Cut open the burger buns and spread the bottom half with mayonnaise. Layer each bun with spinach leaves, gherkin slices, a burger patty and a heaped spoonful of chakalaka. Balance the remaining bun half on top and serve.
This category is empty! Please try another category or use our search function to find what you are looking for. If you require further assistance please contact us.